It’s amazing how the French, Spanish and German all find slightly different, far more awkward ways to say “Garçon means boy”.
Ich liebe dich, Honeybunny.
Wanted some Sunday exercise so went for an hour-long walk to a great local restaurant.
It started pouring on my way home, so I stopped at a dessert place called picnic to eat cheesecake. Am soaking wet.
1. Catch wicked thermal.
2. Finally lose lift when as far as possible from landing zone.
3. Find that in addition to massive amounts of lift, today also has massive sink.
4. Land on alternate landing zone, having to pull a last second 180, landing downwind to keep from running out of hill.
5. Stick landing.
6. Hike for an hour to regular landing zone to await pickup.
7. Discover that no pickup is en route, nobody is copying on radio, and nobody can hear cell phone.
8. Pack up wing, pack on bag and walk an hour up the hill to the launch.
9. Finally catch a ride for last 100 feet of hill.
10. Drop off wing, drink 3 liters of water, shed all electronics and jump into pool.
Beautiful day today.
So today we woke up and convinced our friend and driver Wilfredo to take us up the road to see what there is to see. We had a delicious lunch of soup cooked on a wood stove, sausages, potatoes, steak, and this special kind of beef that is marinated in beer, basted in sugar cane and cooked in the sun. Next we went to a horse farm and bought some beer to drink on a nearby rock, our feet dangling off the cliff while we took in the valley and figured out how the wind would be for paragliding.
After that, we went to play some more tejo. I had my first win and two explosions.
Now it’s time for an afternoon nap.